No more boring lockers!
Seriously. It’s more than just posters and post-it notes like I did. Maybe a few stickers. It’s about glamming up your locker.
When I was asked by ABC4 Good4Utah to come up with some ideas, I was game!
After all, as someone who has a chandelier in her laundry room because it makes it more fun to be in there, I get it. Whatever you can do to bring a little fun into the school day, right! And, you can be creative. Win. Win.
But, boy! There are so many options! It’s hard not to get overwhelmed at the fun options for locker décor. Keep in mind that you should design a locker’s décor as you would your home’s décor. Come up with a color scheme and narrow down your options (be selective – do not include everything you could). It will be more impactful that way. Choose your favorites and go from there.
Keep in mind, everything will be taken down at the end of the school year. Command Hooks and strong magnets are your friends! When you “wallpaper” choose removable contact paper, test a section to be sure you do not have to scrape it off with a razor at the end of the year.
· Mirror Ball – battery powered (Target)
· Shag Rug (Target)
· Curtains (Target)
· Magnetic Metal Bin (Target)
· Small Turquoise Frame (Hobby Lobby)
· White Board (Dollar Store)
· Cork Board (Dollar Store)
· Mirror (Dollar Store)
· Notepad (Dollar Store)
· Drawer Paper (Target, Home Depot)
· Marquee N – battery powered (Michael’s, Hobby Lobby)
· Metal Flower Magnets (craft store)
· 5” Ring
· 2” Ring
· Embroidery Floss
· Spray Paint
1. Spray paint rings, allow to dry and coat with a clear protective coating.
2. Cut 12 – 14” pieces of embroidery floss. Tie to 5” ring spaced evenly apart, leaving 12” on one side.
3. String 2 ½” length of beads on 12” piece and tie to 2” ring, evenly spaced.
4. When finished with step 3, tie strings in a knot.
5. String 7 ¼” length of beads on remaining long piece. Tie off the end.
6. Add to locker using a command hook. ENJOY!
· Mirror (dollar store)
· Painters tape
· Spray Paint
1. Tape off mirror.
2. Spray paint mirror and allow to completely dry.
3. Add a strong magnet to the back.
4. Add rhinestones to the front.
· Heidi Swapp Marquee Love letter (Michael’s, Hobby Lobby)
· Scrapbook paper (12 x 12)
· Pencil, scissors
· Hole punch
Can also add: glitter, paint, rhinestones etc..
1. Trace letter on background paper (paper face down, template face down).
2. Punch holes where lights go.
3. Add paper to letter.
4. Add light bulbs to front of letter.
5. Add lights from back of letter.
6. Add batteries and ENJOY!
cloth napkins or fabric remnants and magnets